Thursday 28 February 2013

Balenciaga FW 13/14

It was the show that had one of the biggest build-ups of the season. Could Alexander Wang move from street wear to the grand couture-like creations of a house like Balenciaga? 

If I am honest, I was expecting a failure of epic proportions. Don't get me wrong, I like Wang's creations for his own line, I just didn't think he was suited to the role. Plus, apart from the last couple of seasons, Balenciaga has always been a firm favourite of mine. 

Overall, I am not hating Wang's first collection for Balenciaga. I would have liked to see more of a reference to Cristóbal's days, than Nicolas Ghersquiére's, but with the combination of Balenciaga classics such as the cocoon jacket, and modern, wearable pieces, Wang has toed the line well.









images via style.com


No comments:

Post a Comment